NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the opportunity to fish several golf course ponds this week - last hour before sunset. The LM are starting to hit the baits HARD! Got the most action on a Storm swimming shad in the shad color. Bounced the bait off the bottom, most bited occured as soon as it hit bottom. I was suprised that several fish where caught on a mepps (gold/brown) that was retrieved just below the surface.
Hopefully next week I will get out on some bigger water.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
These sunnier days and warmer temps even in the rain are bringing temps up fast! It just gets better from here!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive hit up several ponds all over the northeastern part of the state. Ive been successful in every one. Caught several nice bass on rubber worms and baby bass flukes. The biggest one Ive caught yet was today in tarboro on an orange and chartreuse panther martin. I also caught a 13'' crappie on a crank bait which I thought was kind of strange. Ive hit up ponds in windsor, roxobel, hamilton, spring hope, and tarboro, and rubber worms and flukes are definitely the ticket right now.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i went to the farm the other day to fish for a couple hrs,the bass were all over my texas rigged worm. then put on a senco caught a few more. we have a 2 acre pond on the farm and it holds to many small bass and a mountain of nice, fat bream. want be long they will be on there beds. maybe may , first full moon. its in the friendship area off old no. 1 on the south side of apex. if later some of you would like to take a kid fishing, this is a place he could catch bluegill after bluegill. if anyone is interested just send me a private message and we will work out a day for you to fish. there is not a boat at the pond,but if you have a small jon boat with trolling motor you are more than welcome to use it. like i said, the bass are small but they need to be weeded out to. for the kids, crikets, worms will do great with a bobber. don...........

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
:cool: Catbird thats a good thing you have there for the kids, keep up the good work.

Get kids hooked on fishing at least you know they will be at the closest watering hole instead of chasing em down in the wrong sides of town.

We took my son Bryan's wife out to the pond one day and gave her a bream buster. She ended up with one in each hand and caught fish after fish after fish. Bryan just baited the hooks and removed bream after bream after, after, after.:p

After while the crickets were gone, but the potato in the bottom of the cricket cage, we broke it into small bits and low and behold some of em hit it also.

tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.