NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been fishing the Eno a bit, but I kind of want to try a pond this weekend?

Does anyone know of any descent fishing ponds in the Chapel Hill/Durham area that have bass/others?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
There's a small pond at Penny's Bend - not sure what's in there. You could try the "pond" at Stagecoach Rd, where the impoundment flow pools up before heading down New Hope creek to Jordan lake. There were some nice looking ponds at Occoneechee Mtn State Natural Area but they drained them last year to replace the dams. In process of restocking but it will be a couple years before they're fishable again.

Must be more...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Is the pond at Pennys Bend private? You are talking about the one if you head upstream on the walking trail a bit right?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
I was thinking that its just on the other side of the parking area. I drove back around there once to see what was back there - I think I pulled in on a gravel road right next to the pond to turn around. I assumed it was part of the Nature Preserve property and available to fish, but didn't get up in there to see any signs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts