NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been fishing to a couple of ponds in Raleigh recently and have been very please with the results. It seems like this year the fishing has remained good for freshwater all winter. I was in goldsboro a couple weeks ago and my cousin hooked an 11 pounder right off the shore of the lake. Crank baits have been all I've been using ( Rapala X-Rap is very effective for bass and crappie ) and I have also been using Rat-l-traps. Just thought I'd let you guys know what they have been hitting in the smaller ponds so far. :D

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I appreciate it, 89! Maybe I can coax something alive out of bond lake that way!

Lefty

·
Registered
574 Posts
Those are a lot better than anything I've pulled out of the water in 6 or 8 weeks. Lately, the only thing that I've pulled out of the water is a dish I've just washed. Looks like you had a good time, nices pix!

If you get a chance, share the tackle you were using, thanks.
PH

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comment parrothead. I have been using rapala x rap's, rapala floating minnows, and rat-l-traps with bleeding hooks in the bleeding shad color. Most of the fish that I've hooked have been withing 10-15 feet of the shore. Also I have been trying to fish during these warm spells we have been having. If you have any other questions please ask. :D

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Hmph. You sure don't deserve steak for a catch like that. ;)

I gotta get me some x-raps..... or start casting right-handed.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Nice fish you got showing up in those ponds! sounds like you gusy have figured out how to get on them!

I just gotta ask though man, Whats with the sweatband/bandanna? :D

Rye

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.