NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Company is relocating me to the Raleigh/Wake Forest area in a few weeks and so I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a few places to hit a few LMB from shore? I know there are lots of ponds in the area, actually too many, and so I'm not sure which ones are worth the time.

(Not looking to keep anything)

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
You are right there is a load of places on the map....... I've been running around town for a few weeks and here are some of my favorites:

Umstead Park....... Great access to the bank and boat rental
Lake Johnson....... They say no bank allowed but canoes and boats for rent.... Caught a beast here 2 weeks ago
Lake Shelley....... Good bank access
Lake Benson....... Canoe and boat rental. I have a report posted and lit this place up on my first outing.

just a few to get started but I love checking out new places all the time.......

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Durant Nature Park two lakes great bank access. Lake Lynn limited bank access in summer. Falls Lake lots of bank access just find a path near any of the bridges.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Lawd ya'll.... are covered up with ponds and rivers down there. Take a drive get to know some folks, you might make a friend and fishing buddy. There are public lakes/ponds all over the area near Raleigh. Buy a yak and you probably could not cover all the rivers in the area in a life time. Lumber, Neuse, Black, South, Cape Fear, come this way for the Yadkin, Mitchell, Catawba...that only scratches the surface.....barely.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lawd ya'll.... are covered up with ponds and rivers down there. Take a drive get to know some folks, you might make a friend and fishing buddy. There are public lakes/ponds all over the area near Raleigh. Buy a yak and you probably could not cover all the rivers in the area in a life time. Lumber, Neuse, Black, South, Cape Fear, come this way for the Yadkin, Mitchell, Catawba...that only scratches the surface.....barely.
Truth !!!! It almost makes me neurotic trying to look at maps and decide where to go.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So on the lakes that allow canoes and boats, do they let you bring your own or what about a kick boat?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
So on the lakes that allow canoes and boats, do they let you bring your own or what about a kick boat?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
depends. Umstead ONLY allows their own. Bond in cary allows ur own certain times of year for a small launch fee. Many of the other lakes ya can bring in your own

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Killin me to find where to go. See ponds all over on the map but lots if not all would appear to be private. Masons pond is down the road from where my new house is. Does anyone know if you can fish it? I can't see it's posted and I saw a YouTube video of some kids driving around in circles so I would think so?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts