NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok have a friend that for the past week or two has been randomly finding poop around the house, only on the ground level floors in different rooms, probably 4-5 times. They are always white tipped and slightly over 1" and dark. Most of the time they are crusty, but have yet to find a mushy one or a chalky one. One disposed of in a trash can crumbled. A tail was spotted escaping a poorly sealed doorway once, that was described as silvery gray, and not extremely thin.

From my own googling it seems to definitely be a snake or lizard, but I didn't know if anyone here would have any way to differentiate, by knowing the general area, or size, or some other characteristic I have yet to confirm or deny.

Thanks for any help or suggestion.

My current money is on a skink, as I have seen several around this home. I have found a couple pics that seem to convey that this is a good possibility, along with a couple of our area snakes. If I can get a picture, I will load it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should mention that with thorough investigation today quite a few more were found, which strengthens my opinion of lizard vs snake. Can't get pics to move but it really looks identical to the google pics. The snake pics seem to vary much more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.