NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember the last positive NC environmental story I've read. The latest ones all seem to be about ash pond waste being dumped in our backyard. Fracking destroying water tables. PCB's and "nutrients" aka crap in our local water ways that lead to drinking reservoirs. People not wanting to remove a dam on the Neuse because it might change the view outside their window. Hydrilla slowly choking rivers and of course gill nets on the coast.

Anyone have some positive stories they can share?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you see the bottom of the second article?
“The legislature is also considering slashing the number of air quality monitors in the state and allowing trucks and other heavy vehicles to idle more, increasing harmful air emissions,” Diggins said in the statement. “It’s short sighted to take improvements in air quality for granted, and to kick to the curb the very programs that are responsible for those improvements."
Read more at http://www.wral.com/lawmakers-target-emissions-tests/14776676/#SHGYMRpQgcCiY4Ws.99

·
Registered
549 Posts
I was trying to help find you some articles. Air Quality is getting better so much so that legislators talked about removing the requirement from some counties. That was point of adding that article. I have not followed up with the bill to see where it went or reviewed the full language of the bill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.