NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen this boat and there are no pics. However, if it's in decent shape, this is a smokin' deal.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/spo/4626895990.html

These hull designs are sick. 42 lb all Kevlar boats with aluminum trim. Here's a shot from their website.

One of you Charlotte guys needs to pick this up, even if it's for resale!

-Jeff

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
That thing will be sold as soon as the bank opens tomorrow you better jump on it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Somebody apparently took your advice, cause it looked like the ad was gone this morning, lol. They wouldn't have had the chance if I'd been a "flat water" guy, because I saw the ad as soon as it hit CL! I'd love to have kevlar, I just do too many rocky, shallow rivers.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
A better option would be a carbon fiber hull with strategically laid Kevlar on the inside. It would be even lighter.
Kevlar is for puncture resistance, not so much abrasion resistance.

Friend of mine built an 8 foot yacht tender solely out of carbon fiber. It's a 13 pound boat.
Probably the best abrasion resistance method is a sacrificial layup. When you wear it out, grind it off and lay up another.

A boat like the one for sale with a heavily scratched bottom is no big deal with it being made out of a cloth. It's easily repairable.
Run a strip of 6oz cloth right down the center and let her ride.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Somebody apparently took your advice, cause it looked like the ad was gone this morning, lol. They wouldn't have had the chance if I'd been a "flat water" guy, because I saw the ad as soon as it hit CL! I'd love to have kevlar, I just do too many rocky, shallow rivers.
I had a Kevlar solo that I took on many river trips but I was constantly worried about crunching the thing. It wasn't even relaxing. River runs were much more "comfortable" in my plastic boat. IMHO plastic is the only way to go on rivers.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.