NC Angler Forums banner

Marrow Mountain State Park 3 Day Meet and Eat in June or July

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at things it seems we have a dry spot of meet and greets in the summer time months. Undertandably this is family time and typically hot and people dont like to camp when its hot. Well Enter the IMPECABLE facilities at Marrow Mountain State Park. Again this is just gauging interest and nothing is being planned.

You have in VERY close proximity to this state park Badin Lake and Lake Tillery as well as the tail waters of the You Dubya Harrie river. Right in the heart of the piedmont so there will be no lack of scenery.

If there is ample interest in this I will start trying to plan something short notive of course and see if we can get something going!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
checking it out on Google maps it looks good. Albemarle isn't far away and has hotels too for those who may need a bit of AC etc.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
July 4th is on a Saturday this year so it either starts or ends some ones family vacation week so I'd say the first 2 weeks of July are not a good idea.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
In, other than the 7/8 period for the same reason as Jerry

Pick a date, and book two contiguous sites in the group camping area for Friday and Saturday nights. I'll split the cost with you.

The group site area is closer to the lake. You can walk there in 5 mins from your camp site. Or you can drive to the boat launch.

Only tents are allowed at the group camping area. No campers. The campground for campers is perhaps 3 miles away in the park.

From either campground, you would have to drive to the boat launch for kayaks. I would NOT bring a boat trailer up the rutted dirt road to the group camping area, and if you did, it would be in the way. I have parked my (then owned) pontoon boat in the parking lot near the boat rental, but you need to check with the park ranger before doing that

I have stayed at this park 10-12 times, usually with a group of cub scouts, but occasionally with just my family.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.