NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name's Scott, I currently live just outside of Colonial Beach, VA and do most of my fishing on the tidal Potomac. Lousy spring this year except for a good run of trophy rockfish in April and May.

Company is considering transferring me down to the research triangle area. Looking at the maps, it seems to offer some good opportunities for freshwater, and potential saltwater fishing if I want to trailer a couple hours.

If you live around that area, any parts of Raliegh, Durham, and surroundings to not buy a house? Any decent areas near one of the lakes that I could keep my boats and maybe get a house on 1/2 acre or better?

As for fishing, which would offer more opportunities, Jordan or Falls lake. Is either one deeper than the other? Are there more fishermen and less sport boats/go fasts on one or the other? Better ramps at one or the other. Other spots that would be good for either an Arima 17 or a Triumph 170 CC? Good dealers/service vs bad dealers/service. Currently have Hondas on both boats, so need someone qualified for the annual maintenance/100 hr checks.

That should be more than enough questions to get started with. Looking forward to whatever info you can provide.

Thanks,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum shemstreet; wish I could answer your questions but I live in the foothills. The area you are talking about living is nice and an easy drive for whatever kind of fishing you want to do. I am sure other members will be able to help you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.