NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the power trim went out on my 1997 Johnson 200 horse on the 4th of July. The motor was shot, so I replaced it and filled the reservoir back up with fluid and everything was working great. However the next time I used it, the motor would trim down but not up. I can hear the relay clicking, but nothing happens. I've also tried swapping the relays for up and a down, but it still won't trim up. I'm thinking there's a limit switch somewhere that prevents it from trimming up too far, but I can't find anything like that. There is a trim position lever to tell the gauge what position it's at, but from what I've read that's all it does. I really don't want to buy a new one of those because they're about a hundred bucks. Can someone help me figure this out? I've tried looking through other boating forums and they just tell me to mess with the relays, which I've already done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.