NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,

I know I'm a short time member of this forum, but I would very much appreciate your help. Several years ago, I found out I have basically what amounts to a birth defect that doesn't show up until later in life. I was born with a mis-formed aortic heart valve. Well, it has now deteriorated to the point that I need surgery. I have opted for a mechanical valve, which will require blood thinner for the rest of my life:mad:, but is a permanent fix and shouldn' t require a re-operation in 10 years like a tissue valve:). The operation is scheduled for Aug. 21 in Raleigh. The odds are for a 98% success rate :D, but i'd sure appreciate prayers for my family, the hands and minds of the medical staff and for myself.

Thanks,
Barry

·
Registered
504 Posts
Barry,
You've come to the right spot for prayers. My family and I will keep you in our prayers. This site is plum full of christians. God bless you, and your family. May the good lord guide the skillfull hands of the surgical team............Ed

·
Registered
330 Posts
Barry,
Prayers sent !!!

God bless you and your family !!!
Daniel

Reactions: Muddy Water

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey Barry

My brother who is 38 had it last year and he is as fit as ever, the only thing he says is weird when it is queit he can hear the ticking of the value!!!! After 6 months he was back to a normal life going out, working out and of course chasing two legged ceatures...:)God bless and you found the right place to ask for help that is for sure!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Your at the top of my list Muddy!! I have family up that way so if you need anything shout!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Barry, 11 years ago I had the kind of stroke that only a few survive. Today, I have disabilities but most people can't even tell that was ever sick. That's what prayer can do. I had a lot of people praying for me as I will for you. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress. God speed my friend!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Muddy Water,
I'll be praying for you and I believe that Jesus bore all sickness for us when he took the stripes upon His back. I'm believing he will remake the valve you have and you won't even need surgery. We should have that expectation! It takes a deep level of faith but I've seen to many healings not to believe. Be blessed my brother and I stand with you in prayer.
Gery

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Praying for you brother! And I am believing the same as Gery. Your healing is the Lord's desire and with Him all things are possible!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Our prayers are with you. My father had a bypass at Wake Med. (unsure of which you will be going to). Those heart docs know their stuff, if Dr. Rose is your doc he will take care of you very well.

We will keep you in our prayers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Barry,

My dad had a mechanical valve put in when I was just a kid. After he recovered from the surgery, he was his old self. Lung cancer finally got him, because he refused to quit smoking, but the blood thinners never slowed him down. Like another post said, the only weird thing was being able to hear the valve click. Of course, heart surgery has come a long way since then. Good luck. You'll be in my prayers.

Alan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.