NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please pray for my son's best friend's family and my son, as his friend, a special forces marine was killed Friday in a training exercise preparing for deployment to Iraq. He was at Qauntico Marine Base. Jeff's family was told that he was killed in a Hum-V accident during training. My son and Jeff were best friends since the age of 10 and Ben is devastated. I was able to get Ben a flight back from Africa and will be picking him up in DC at 6 AM tomorrow morning. Jeff is from a wonderful Christian home and we attended church with his family for several years. Please pray for his family. Jeff was one of our kids when my wife and I were youth pastors. He was a wonderful young man who was a patriot and grateful for the opportunity to serve his country as a marine. There are not really any words that can describe the grief that Jeff's family and friends are experiencing right now. Only the Lord can comfort them. Also Jeff was engaged to be married to his high school sweet heart and she needs much prayer also.

Thanks for your prayers!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We thought Jeff was at Quantico as I stated above but his unit was at Fort A.P. Hill in Bowling Green, VA. They were on a live firing line convoy when the accident occured.

Jeff was a member of the 1st Fleet Anti-terrorism Security Team -- or FAST -- Company, based in Norfolk. That company falls under the Second Marine Expeditionary Force from Camp Lejuene, North Carolina.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
We will be praying for Jeff's acceptance into the Lord's Heavenly Kingdom and peace and understanding for all who were are part of this fallen hero's life. Our prayer's will also be for Ben's safety during his trip to and from the services. Courage and peace to all.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I heard about this yesterday in church. What a tragedy. I spoke with a friend of mine yesterday and he taught the young man at WC. He went on and on about what a great person he was.

We will definitely be praying for his family and friends.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard about this yesterday in church. What a tragedy. I spoke with a friend of mine yesterday and he taught the young man at WC. He went on and on about what a great person he was.

We will definitely be praying for his family and friends.
My son Ben graduated from WC with Jeff. Jeff was just the finest young man that you would ever want to meet and the out pouring has been evidence of that. There is a great memorial to Jeff on Face Book if you have a login for it you can find it in Face Book Groups by doing a search for Jeff Webb. I was able to pick Ben up this morning in DC and get him home for the service that will probably be the end of the week or possibly the weekend.

Thanks everyone for the prayers!

Reactions: hip

·
Registered
117 Posts
Most all of the veterans I have had the honor of talkin to described the horrors of war.But what hurt them all the most was the loss of a friend they served with. And GOD be with Jeff and his platoon. All the people that you have talked about that know Jeff I think you can multiply that by thousands.Sounds like he lit up lives wherever he was. I actually envy you all. You know this good man. Sadly I did not.

THANK GOD THAT SUCH MEN LIVED.-George S. Patton

Reactions: LiveBait
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.