NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently become addicted to sheepshead fishing with fiddler crabs and I'm sure this question has been asked before, but here goes: What is your preferred hook for those bait-stealing s-o-b's? Brand, style, size, model number...it all helps. PM's welcomed if you have a secret weapon.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
#6 4x black nickel treble. The 4x is important. I have seen big sheeps bite through a hook more than once

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used to use the Owner #1, but I have found the #3 Owner live bait hooks work the best for me. Switched to them a couple years ago and have had a lot more success landing the bigger fish.

·
Registered
768 Posts
There is a place close to where I live ;), and every pylon is eat up with them. FYI when you get it mastered. I've gotten a few with the spear here lately.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Phil, that's a cruel thing to do to an addict. It would be nice if you became an enabler before my withdrawal pains start and provide me with a hint to that place so I can get another fix...east or west of the channel to your place? The nausea and shakes are just a day or two away.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Phil, that's a cruel thing to do to an addict. It would be nice if you became an enabler before my withdrawal pains start and provide me with a hint to that place so I can get another fix...east or west of the channel to your place? The nausea and shakes are just a day or two away.
Lol, Come on inside... The pylon by the ramp had a whole frign school of them hanging out. 1 of them turned into dinner later. But after seeing that, I walked the whole area and found em on just about all of the pylons.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
You dun messed up now how many people know where you live :) Homeowners A$$ gonna have you for lunch lol

Lol, Come on inside... The pylon by the ramp had a whole frign school of them hanging out. 1 of them turned into dinner later. But after seeing that, I walked the whole area and found em on just about all of the pylons.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Steve Im ready to go right now.......................waitin on call :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is a blatant plea for the moderator to cease this thread and put me out of my misery. As for you, Mr. Island Guy, I have another trip planned for us that doesn't involve fiddlers. PM on the way.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Got back in time!!! throwing down out there now!!

Don't worry NCSF, you didn't/aren't missing nothing. Been storms everyday this week! We left at 11am and were back at 230, winds blowing 100mph and tall seas.....crashing seas.

Am I making you feel any better now?

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
This is a blatant plea for the moderator to cease this thread and put me out of my misery. As for you, Mr. Island Guy, I have another trip planned for us that doesn't involve fiddlers. PM on the way.
That would have been a Great trip today before 2 :) shulda hit me up early before that crazy storm chaser called me :)

Be careful around that island guy.......we just got back from TRYING to king fish in 20kt winds and 7' seas! :D
Who was it that said (I aint skeered) lol and we didnt try to kingfish, we did they just didnt bite ;)

Still wondering what that monster was I hooked at the bridge :(

Reactions: NCStateFisher
1 - 20 of 24 Posts