NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fish inshore at the coast most of the time despite the fact I live on a freshwater lake. Because of this I tend to have a hybrid fishing tactics when fishing for bass at home. I'll pick up a Skitterwalk, Mirrorlure or just about anything already tied on my rods and throw them for bass. Sometimes it works and others I think the fish are simply laughing at my approach. As the bite here at home has slowed with the Summer heat wave, I have gone back to smaller leaders (8lbs mono) and the traditional rubber worm. What I have found is that putting Pro-cure Shrimp on my worm has increased the bite considerably. Anyone else using scents for bass?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I use James Valley scents...........for big bucks in close. I used to use Bang craw for bass but it seemed a waste of time and money last ten years. I suspect any scent is better than bug spray and sunscreen which I normally coat my lures with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.