NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came up to Nags Head for some pier fishing this past Sunday from my home in Morehead city. On Monday my father and I caught a double limit of Spanish mackerel of the end of the pier. All fish were 15" plus. They were caught on gotcha plugs white with a green head. They have been hitting all week from about 11am to after 7pm. By Tuesday my arm and back was killing me so I traveled up to the breakers and decided to try my luck at some specks, flounder, and puppies. Got to the pier Tuesday at 6am and flipped some 4 inch white berkley gulp shrimp trailed by a while 3 inch berkley gulp swimmer. Started jerking up on some small flounder and small specks. As the tide started going out the trout and flounder bite slacked some and the big puppies moved in. We kept getting nailed. I caught one that was 4 pounds 5 ounces at 24 inches, which was 2 ounces from beating the pier record. The rest were 20 inches plus. One was tagged and I called the nc fish and game and got a hat and a citation on a 22 inch fish. First time for everything. Well hopefully this help some of you. I'm heading back to morehead Friday. If any of you want to meet up and find them I'm all for it. Tight lines

1 - 1 of 1 Posts