NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, everyone,
Just wanted to tell you about my project: l bought a 21' Century bay boat couple of weeks ago. No motor, controls-trailer needs work, etc. I found a good deal on an Evinrude 225 and picked it up last week. Put the motor on last Saturday- searching for top mount controls now. Just started on trailer- rollers all broken or missing so carpeted some 2x8s yesterday to convert to a bunk trailer. It's coming together $30-$100 at a time! I'll get some pictures on here by the weekend.

Just added pics- more to come. 2nd pic shows bunk conversion almost done.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update- Have to wait on top mount controls for now with money going elsewhere but fired motor up today- cranked on the first try but imagine my face when it wouldn't turn off with the switch! Pulled the kill switch- nothing so I disconnected the fuel line to turn it off! Now I'm on Google trying to figure out what the problem may be- hope to get it on the water next weekend!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
wire connected wrong or bad switch

Reactions: flound1

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I cut them off by choking them when it happens.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I appreciate you checking. I'm going to take the controls loose tomorrow evening and check all of the wires back to the motor. I'll get a manual this weekend since I hope to have this motor for a long time

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I cut them off by choking them when it happens.
I choked it but no response from the motor. There's one black wire in the harness that's not connected next to the yellow wire going to the solenoid that I'm looking at. I plugged a black with yellow stripe wire back together- might be part of the problem but won't crank it again until the weekend

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
the black/yellow striped wire is the kill switch wire if it was loose that was your problem.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
if choking gets no response your choke isn't closing... also electric..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.