NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Emerald Isl this weekend with the family. Heard some Spanish were jumping in the surf around Fort Macon but not much else. Does anyone have any tips or spots they would be willing to share where I might be able to put my kids on a fish? Planning on trying the surf and piers but I’ve not spent much time fishing in the area so idk what’s biting and where. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Spanish will be in the surf. I fished a school a couple of weeks ago not far off of the jetty at fort macon. Gotcha plug or a big nic spanish candy will do the trick for schooling spanish. Also fish a bottom rig off the beach with shrimp/squid for drum or flounder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spanish will be in the surf. I fished a school a couple of weeks ago not far off of the jetty at fort macon. Gotcha plug or a big nic spanish candy will do the trick for schooling spanish. Also fish a bottom rig off the beach with shrimp/squid for drum or flounder.
yea that’s going to be my fallback, the last time I was out there was about ten years ago. What does the southern inlet of the island look like?Any fishing and is it family friendly?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think you mean Bogue inlet.It is on the west side of the island. Remember the island runs east and west almost. You can fish the point but it will be a decent walk i think. Someone that fishes the beach area off of there may can chime in better but I think it will be the same on both ends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts