NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks - I wanted to give a quick report from this past weekend. Went out early Saturday morning and fished the Bath area on the Pamlico. One strike on a Mirrolure all morning... so I left the area and headed to North Creek. Fished there all afternoon without a bite. It was windy and chilly but water seemed real fishy. Finished the late afternoon in Bath area again. Nothing. Brutal day. :confused::confused::confused:

I had a friend of mine come down late Saturday night to fish Sunday and Monday morning. I really had no game plan after the "stellar" day i just had. And the weather was looking pretty depressing. We woke up Sunday to cold rain and wind so we decided to wait a while to head out. We ended up getting out around noon and fished Pungo Creek. It was cold, windy and rainy and we were the only boat out that we could tell. The fishing warmed us up a bit. In a few hours we put 10 Striper in the boat, 4 of which were keepers (19, 19, 21, 21.5). I was stoked because my buddy had never caught a Striper. They were hitting Paddle Tails and Top water. good stuff! My buddy even caught a LMB. Go figure.

Monday, we fished for a few hours on the lower Pungo in a couple of creeks targeting trout. nothing. not a bite. water was gorgeous and chilly. But at least the weather was great!

I can't believe the drop in water temps. On Saturday, the temps were around 68-72 and Sunday and Monday they were 57-60. I am really looking forward to some consistent warmer temps. :D

some pics of Sunday.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Rick,

Was curious how you did. I saw you running around a couple times, but then there was another boat that looked like yours and wasn't you, so I didn't try to flag you down. Good to hear your Sunday went better than your Saturday (and mine too, for that matter).

Interesting to see three reports from around the same general area of the river and all three included a LMB - speaks to the amount of freshwater in the system right now. I had the sneaking suspicion that one of the fish my son had on was a LMB too, but then second guessed that since we were so far downriver.

Here's to warmer weather and saltier waters!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Green - yeah sorry i did not text you back - really bad service down there. It was mostly a frustrating weekend except for those few hours Sunday - I guess that is why it is called fishing. The extended forecast is looking better temperature-wise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.