NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Whoa, someone else from the EC area? I have been hunting puppydrum for awhile around here. Seems the closest I can find any is Manteo and lower Currituck. Rumor has it that there are some nice trout around the flats between Manteo and Oregon Inlet, but I have yet to confirm it myself.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
when you all go to Manteo you need to go to the south end of duck island. there is a 5 to 9 ft hole there, you can usually catch them garenteed. also if you know were the cut through is to the west side of skinners ditch they have been catching some inside the mouth of the creek. easiets way is put your boat over in wanchese.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks puppydrum48. I appreciate the info. I am still learning the areas to fish. I know some folks think that if one more person learns about a good hole it will cause all the fish to be gone. I am very respectful of places people tell me about and only take one or two for the dinner plate.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Tried my best to get down to the south end of Duck Island today. The wind was up and there was a chop. By the time I got down to the island I was soaked to my skivys. P48 do you come in from the channel side of the island? It looked mighty skinny in some places. I could see the chop breaking over sand bars. I've got a ghost that runs fairly skinny water. I guess it's like most places; if you know where to run it's a piece of cake. If you don't, you can spend a lot of time plowing the bottom. I ended up going back up south of the bridge and messed around in the creeks. I had one nice flounder to the boat, but alas it bit my line in two just as I was trying to boat it. It sucked up a DOA root beer colored shrimp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.