NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tossed a line off my dock near Oriental yesterday AM looking for some trout & on my 6th or 7th cast caught a 16 inch puppydrum on a 3 inch Gulp bait. Took a few more casts, then a few again today in the rain...nada. Was hoping for some Christmas Trout....

I hear this nasty weather should clear tomorrow, but the water isn't suppose to settle until Thurs or Fri. Anyone with news on stripers near Cape Lookout?

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Thanks for the report Rockhopper. Can't beat walking out on your dock and catching a fish on Christmas eve!

From the folks I've talked to this week, the striper bite near CL has been spotty. They should be there thick soon though - it's that time of the year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotta admit Topsail...made for a nice little Christmas surprise catching that little drum! I am gonna give CL a shot on Thursday; probably will fish it 2 hours before and 2 hours after high tide. I'll post the results...anyone else planning on getting out?

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Good Luck, look forward to seeing the pictures of those stripers!

I'm going out Thursday if the weather report holds up as it is now - 2 footers - 5 knot winds and sunny....yeah! But I'll be 50 - 60 miles south of you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.