NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a trip over to Neuse Sports Shop in Kinston today. As i was teasing the tackle monkey a found a rod made by Quantum, the rod is made to fish for Specks & Reds. Does anyone have one of these and have anything to say about this $199.00 Rod. Thanks Chris

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I guess that I didn't realize that Quantum was making rods at that price point. However, since they have stepped up their quality in their Cabo reels for Saltwater it only makes sense that they would come out with some rods to match them.

Guess , I would have to see one to know if it was worth the money.. What's the action, length, and rod material? Is it blank through construction ? Do they use Fuji components? What's the warranty?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
All I can Say is--WOW !-- Don't think I could handle slamming a car door on it. Wait 90 days and it will probably be next door at FTO at half price.:)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'm happy with my $40 Quantum from Wally World... about $79 is my absolute limit!

Reactions: tcfisherman

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
In my younger hay days it would bother me to pay a price like that for bass fishing tackle. But...............not today, left that stuff behind and now I take it a little easier and wiser on the checkbook.

Shakespear Excursion rods 7', 1 piece are great. 14.95 Wally world.

tight lines

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I've got 2 of those too Scott, they have been good rods!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I find it real hard to beat the Ugly StiK. Price is mid-range, performance is legendary, and there are sizes and styles for almost every type of fishing action. Now, I do have some Berkley rods, I really like the Bionix IM7 medium action, 7', one piece. Also, if you think 199 is expensive, Fly Rods will blow most folks away. I have cheaper rods, but there are some that range from 500 to 3K. I couldn't put one down or use it without being paranoid and shaken.

·
Registered
574 Posts
If I was going to spend that much on a rod I would not want to be trying out an unproven product. I would go with a GLommis, St. Croix, Kistler, or any of the other well know high end rods.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
That Quantum Rod (PT Superlight) while expensive is made with high quality parts.

It may still be over priced but here a couple of the features that make it expensive. The rod blank is one of the lightest weight on the market yet it's still strong, it also is more sensitive (detects a strike better) - all very important to someone who casts all day long, like a tournament angler. The reel seat is made with the new Fuji ACS model and the biggest expense other than the blank are the guides - they are made from titanium. Those guides are TOUGH but extremely lightweight and they will last FOREVER. You can bend one flat and it will bend back, over and over and over again. It also will not rust and corrode and unlike other high end guides that use ceramic inserts, its one piece so no inserts to fall out.

Designed for the serious angler, it's a lot of money but it is built to last and give the highest performance possible. It's like comparing a VW to a Ferrari.

I don't own a Quantum PT Superlight but I'm building a similar rod from the same blank and using Titanium guides and an ACS seat. Good stuff!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.