NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have a quantum smoke inshore reel? I can get them for a really good price through a friend and I need a few new reels anyways. I hear more about shimano and Penn. I have not been happy with my Penn reels. Any input on the smoke? Does anywhere around Jacksonville carry them so I could get a look?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I had a smoke 30 (non inshore) that l loved until the anti reverse started failing. Like when I would set the hook or jerk a popping cork real hard it would spin backward once in a while. May be a simple fix. Other than that they are sweet looking, lightweight reels with a smooth, very strong drag.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had one for a while and it was a great reel. My only concern was that it seemed to squeak no matter how much I cleaned and oiled it. Drag was fairly smooth. Extremely light weight. I ended up selling it to get another stradic but overall I was happy with the reel. I had the 30 size

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm torn whether to go with the smoke or with the shimano symetre. Both will be around the same price, maybe the smoke will be a little more. I've been happy with a few shimano reels that I've had, but they have all been mid range reels.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That kind of money will buy you a Stradic 3000FJ. That's a no-brainer.

I do miss the Quantum Cabo PTS 20.
If I would paying full price for the quantum then yes, I would probably buy the shimano. But I'm trying to compare the smoke(with discount) to what will be the comparable priced shimano, and that would be the symetre. I'm not see the stradics for any less that $169

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.