NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAD THE CHANCE TO GET OUT AGAIN TODAY AND DO SOME MORE FISHING BUT I JUST WISH I WOULD TIME THE TIDES BETTER,LOL,I LIKE THE INCOMMING TIDE AS WELL AS THE OUT GOING DEPENDING ON WHEN THE FISH WANT TO BITE.
GOT AT THE LAUNCH AND SPOKE TO A COUPLE WHO WERE THERE PLAYING WITH THE PINFISH WHILE THERE SON WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD DOING SOME FISHING ALONE.
GOT A BUNCH OF MULLET TO START THE DAY AND AS I PREPARING TO LAUNCH ASHLEY (DRUMINATOR) MADE AN APPEARANCE SO I WAITED FOR HIM A BIT AND LAUNCHED,AFTER CASTING A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIMES TO SEE IF I COULD LOCATE A SPECK OR A FLOUNDER I HEARD THE COUPLES SON YELLING TO THEM AND RELAYED HE WANTED THEM,THE DAD COMES BACK OVER CARRYING A NICE BLACK DRUM AND BEFORE HE COULD GET IT PUT AWAY THE SOME IS CALLING AGAIN WITH ANOTHER BLACK DRUM,VERY NICE SIZED DRUM I MUST SAY LOOKED TO BE 15 OR BIGGER FROM WHERE I WAS.
AFTER THAT ME AND ASHLEY KINDA FLOATED AROUND HITTING ISLANDS WITH NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT BUT THESE LIZARD FISH TO WHICH IS MY FIRST FISH ON A JIG THIS YEAR SO FAR LOL.

AFTER WHAT SEEMED TO BE HOURS OF WAITING FOR THE TIDE TO CHANGE IT FINALL STARTS ABOUT AN HOUR BEFORE I HAVE TO LEAVE, I GET TO MY GO TO HOLE AND SET UP 3 RODS 2 ON THE BOTTOM ONE ON THE CORK AND WAIT,FINALLY AS IM DAY DREAMING ONCE AGAIN I SEE A TAP ON MY ROD THEN A TUG AND NOTHING,I PICKED IT UP AND ALL OF A SUDDEN WHAMMMM ITS ON THIS DRUM IS FIGHTING ME TOOTH AND NAIL,GET IT BY THE BOAT AND IT LUNGES UBDER THE BOAT AND AROUND AN ANCHOR LINE BUT INSTANTLY COMES FREE,FINALLY AFTER 10 MINUTES OF FIGHT I BOAT THIS NICE 24 INCHER FOR DINNER TONITE.

JUST BEFORE I GET READY TO LEAVE I GET HIT BY ANOTHER DRUM AND LOOSE IT ALMOST AS FAST AS I HOOKED IT UP,TIME WAS 3:30 PM AND THE TIDE WASNT EVEN A 1\4 WAY IN YET AND THEY WERE JUST GETTING STARTED BUT I HAD TO LEAVE SO I WAS HOME WHEN THE WIFE GOT HOME TO GO SHOPPING.
HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY,I KNOW I DID,OH BY THE WAY I TOLD ASHLEY TO SET UP ON THE SAME HOLE AND WAIT THE TIDE AND IT WOULD TURN ON FULL FORCE,I HOPE HE GOT PLENTY AFTER I LEFT.
FOR ALL THOSE VENTURING OUT TOMORROW TIGHT LINES AND SCREAMIN DRAGS TO YOU ALL MOST OF ALL BE SAFE OUT THERE.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TOPSAIL ANGLER,
THATS THE FIRST LIZARD FISH IVE CAUGHT SINCE I USED TO FISH BOGUE PIER 2 YEARS AGO,MAN I FORGOT HOW UGLY THEY ARE YET SO COLORFUL.
AS IVE STATED BEFORE I DONT NORMALLY THROW LURES EXCEPT FOR TROUT AND OTHERS HAVE BEEN ON ME TO USE THEM MORE,NOW I SEE WHY I DONT I CATCH EVERY THING BUT WHAT I WANT :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.