NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do y'all put your kayaks out when you want to fish the mouth of Queens Creek? I saw a spot next to the bridge on google maps but didn't know if anyone had a better spot. Headed there for the first time in the morning. Anybody have any pointers on where to fish? Would like to find some reds.

Thanks in advance

Jason

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
I was out in Queens on Saturday. Zero. I only spooked one fish. seems like too much rain and fresh water lately. Good Luck.

·
Registered
237 Posts
the bridge is good... you can unload on either side.
However, Ive not done much fishing except in the hole by the bridge and the surrounding area... so I could not tell you where to fish from there.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
At one time the bridge access was no good ...it was deemed private property and posted. The bridge may be ok now to put in but I can not confirm.We put in at Great Neck Landing . It is right beside Parrott Swamp. One of the best spots for Reds! There is a fee to put in however. There is another , Hammocks Beach park. It has a dedicated kayak ramp !! It is nice and no fee! It is a good ways from the bridge but closer to the channels that connect bear Island. These are the spots I know about . NC Pierman may have some info ...it is his home turf and a great guy!

·
Registered
296 Posts
The bridge access is alive and well. Just please park your vehicle with some common sense. I have seen way too many folks that just park all over the place and it makes it tough on the rest.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The bridge access is alive and well. Just please park your vehicle with some common sense. I have seen way too many folks that just park all over the place and it makes it tough on the rest.
yes please. two trucks can block the whole area that 8 trucks could have fit in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts