NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one doing anything around Queen's Creek and in that area yet. I am just getting into Salty fishing and my friend took me there last year as he fishing in that area alot. Unfortunatly a cold front had just came through and we didn't do much I hooked a big flounder but didn't set the hook good so I lost him:eek:.
My Buddy said he dosen't head that way until late April early May when the weather warms up but I just got a new rod and reel just for salt and have a new Lowrance lms 522c:) that I am itching to try out:D so I was wondering if anyone was having any luck.
Thanks for any tips yall can cast my way.
Thanks and good to luck to all
James

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
ncpierman is the "Keeper of the creek"... maybe he will chime in for you. Sounds like a place I need to visit, just have to figure out how to get shallow!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
That creek is great!! Alot of oyster beds, and like sundrop said, the pierman's the "King of the Creek"! Honestly, the best time to be in there is at dead low tide, and I mean LOW! You can find all the oyster beds, and if your in there on low tide with the tide startin to come in, you can see and let your boat drift the areas where the water flows in. Big drum have come out of there, and I caught some big rays in there. Took my 18 foot bass boat for a ride. I catch them alot, and hate it. Check out google earth, and some holes in the creek get down to 9 feet deep, but majority of it is 2. Some areas you can walk across it at high tide, and be in chest deep water. And thats in the widest part. Hopefully pierman will appear and bless us all with his great wisdom! (Tim, just look past all the butt kissin!!) :D

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
There ain't no fish in the Queen:eek: why would someone want to come down, put a boat in at Queens Creek Bridge, go left and fish the islands in the dead center of the creek. I just don't know what people expect from a sandbar, oyster bar, finger mullet, menhaden, island laden place to fish.

Oh yea, almost forgot about those trips

come on down and enjoy

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Looks like a total waste of time feeding bait theives to me....:rolleyes: Might as well go crabbing.....

Reactions: Scott Hobbs

·
Registered
884 Posts
Scott! NOOOO! Not those pictures! They'll give away everything!!! ;)

Seriously though, the funniest part of that day was when we all got back to the launch and those folks were asking if we catch croaker around there. I can't remember who said it but the reply was, "Nah, no croaker, but lot's of these." They liked to have messed themselves.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
But they didn't refuse the fresh bait that we gave them either.:D

that was a pretty good day everyone got a chance to catch something for the frying pan.

I agree with Speckhunter80, go to Google Earth and download the free map section. sit back and play with that thing it is pretty amazing how it can do all it does.
tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.