NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAD THE CHANCE TODAY SINCE THE WIFE WAS WORKING TO HIT THE CREEK AND DO SOME DRUMMING,GOT THERE AROUND 9:30 AM AND CAUGHT SOME BAIT AS THE TIDE WAS STARTING TO GO OUT.
HAD 2 CHOICES OF BAIT TODAY IN A LITTLE BIT OF TIME,MANHADDEN AND FINGER MULLETS,MANHADDEN WAS A LITTLE TOO BIG AND THE FINGER MULLETS WERE FROM 3 TO 6 INCHES NICE AND PLUMP.
SET UP IN MY FIRST HOLE AND SADLY TO SAY NOTHING NOT EVEN A BUMP,I FIGURED THIS WAS GONNA BE THE CASE TILL THE TIDE SWITCH AND STARTED COMMING BACK IN SO I HEADED INTO A SIDE CREEK AND SEEN SOME ACTIVITY FROM GOOD FISH SCHOOLOING OFF THE BANKS.
I SET UP NOT KNOWING WHAT TO EXPECT AND I DID MANAGE ONE TAKER BUT I MISSED IT WHEN I STARTED TO REAL TOO SOON,MY MISTAKE BUT IT WOULDNT HAPPEN AGAIN LOL.
I HEAD INTO A COVE THAT I KEPT HEARING SPLAHING COMMING FROM AND ITS A COVE I NEVER FISHED BEFORE SO I WASNT SURE WHAT TO EXPECT,TOSSED OUT 2 BAITS ONE ON A CORK AND ANOTHER ON THE BOTTOM,CORK FIRST THEN BOTTOM RIG AND AS SOON AS THE BOTTOM RIG HITS WHAMMMM,ITS ON AND I GET ABOUT 5 MINUTES INTO THE FIGHT AND THE FISH MANAGES TO CUT 20 POUND POWER PRO ON AN OYSTER ROCK.
FISH THIS SPOT FOR ANOTHER 20 MINUTES OR SO AND NOTHING BUT A MISSED FLOUNDER 2 FEET FROM THE BOAT,LOOKED TO BE KEEPER SIZE BUT ILL NEVER KNOW.
HEAD BACK INTO ANOTHER SPOT I LIKE AND SET UP AND AGIAN NO TAKERS FOR HALF HOUR SO ONCE AGAIN I MOVE ONLY THIS TIME TO MY GO TO SPOT AND I SET UP 3 RODS 2 ON THE BOTTOM AND ONE ON A CORK.
10 MINUTES LATER THE TIDE CHANGES AND THE RATS START TO BITE,BOATED 14 LAST COUNT AND I WAS GETTING APREHENSIVE ON CATCHING A SLOT WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN BAMMMM MY ROD BENDS AND DRAG STARTS TO EASE OFF,FIGHT IS ON OR SO I THOUGHT SECOND LUNG THIS ONE COMES UNBUTTONED.
BRING IT IN AND REBAIT AND PUT IT BACK OUT AND WHAMM THE OTHER ROD GOES OFF AND IT SEEMS LIKE A GOOD FISH,ONCE DONE AND SAID THIS FISH WAS 2O 1
2 INCHES,THE FIRST SLOT............

THEN AFTER THE PIC I REBAIT AND BEFORE I CAN TOSS THIS BAIT OUT MY OTHER ROD BENDS TO THE WATER AND BEFORE I CAN GRAB IT ITS GONE,PLACE THE ONE I BAITED OUT AND RESET THE OTHER AND A FEW MINUTES LATER WHAMM ANOTHER ROD GOES DOWN TO THE WATER THIS TIME ITS A BETTER FISH ,ONCE NETTED ITS 21 1\2 INCHES

NEXT FISH IN THE BOAT IS 22 INCHES AND A FEW MINUTES LATER,

THEN OUT OF THE CORNER OF MY EYE I SEE AND HEAR A ORANGE TIP GO IVER BOARD,ITS THE ROD I JUST PUT OUT AND PUT DOWN IN THE BOAT INSTEAD OF IN A ROD HOLDER,GRAB THE OTHER ROD AND CAST TO WHERE I SEE IT GOING AND LUCKALLY I SNAG THE LINE AND START TO REEL IT IN ,LOW AND BEHOLD THE FISH IS STILL ATTACHED AND NOW IM FIGHTING THE ROD AND THE FISH,THE PWOER PRO WAS NO MATCH FOR BOTH AND THE ROD I SNAGGED IT WITH HAD 30 POUND POWER PRO ON IT AND IT BROKE OFF LEAVING ME WITHOUT THE LOST ROD OR THE FISH, I CAST WITH THE 3RD ROD FOR 1\2 HOUR AND NOTHING SO I EAT MY LOSS AND CONTINUE TO FISH WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THIS FISH TAKES THE BAIT..............

ANOTHER 22 1\2 INCHER.
ALL THESE WERE CAUGHT IN LESS THAN AN HOUR OF FISHING AND IT STARTED TO SLOW A LITTLE WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THIS BRUTE SLAMS MY LINE AND THE FIGHT LASTED 25 MINUTES,AROUND THE BOAT UNDER LINES AND THRU ANCHOR LINES TILL I FINALLY NETTED IT,28 INCHES TAGGED PHOTOED AND RELEASED

TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER I NOTICED SOME GREEN LINE HANGING FROM THE SINKER OF THE ROD THIS FISH WAS CAUGHT ON AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT WAS MY LOST ROD LINE AND I GOT IT BACK BUT WITHOUT THE FISH,WOULDVE LOVED TO SEE THAT FISH SINCE IT SENT THE ROD OUT OF THE BOAT LIKE A ROCKET.
TO END MY DAY THE RATS STARED TO BITE AGAIN AND THIS DOUBLE HEADER WAS THE END OF MY DAY.

WELL THAT IS IT FOR NOW IM HEADING OUT AGAIN TOMORROW MORNING TO SEE WHAT ELSE I CAN GET INTO,SO FOR ALL THOSE GOING OUT TOMORROW TIGHT LINES AND SCREAMIN DRAGS TO YOU ALL MOST OF ALL BE SAFE OUT THERE,I HOPE I HAVE THIS POSTED IN THE RIGHT PLACE.

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Queens Creeks Catch For Today

NCANGLER,
THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME A PLACE TO SHARE WITH EVERYONE IT WAS AN AWESOME DAY OUT AND I GET THEM ALOT LIKE THIS.

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

RANGERGREG,
THANK YOU ITS A BALL CATCHING THESE DRUM AND IM VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT THE RED DRUM.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts

I tell ya guys. Tim knows how to find the fish!!! That little boat of his gets in all the Honey Holes!!! I'm gonna see if I can wedge my old clunker in there one day!

Reactions: NCPIERMAN

·
Registered
4,990 Posts

Some big bulls are running the surf. Hooked two right at the edge of dark on 8-9 inch finger mullet. Lost both fish, but did see them. One was in the 50-55 inch range, and one was in the 40-45 inch range. Sat there for the next three hours without a hit. Hit the surf.

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

SUNDROP,
THANKS MY FRIEND, I GET LUCKY ALOT MORE LIKE IT,BRING YOUR BOAT DOWN AND ILL SHOW YA AROUND ;)

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

BREAD MAN 1,
THANKS FOR THE INFO IVE ONLY EVER ONCE FISHED FOR THE BIG BOYS AND IN 4 HOURS ME MY WIFE AND STEP SON LANDED 9 TOTAL BIGGEST WAS MY WIFES AT 48 1\2 AND ESTIMATED WIEGHT OF 49 POUNDS.
WHERE ARE YOU FISHING FROM THE SURF NOT EXACT LOCAL JUST GENERAL.

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

TOPSAIL ANGLER,
THANKS GLAD I WAS ABLE TO POST ONE LAST NITE,I WAS GLAD TO GET THE ROD BACK AS WELL BUT WHAT A FITTING END TO A 15 YEAR OLD ROD TO BE SUCKED IN THE DEEP BY THE FISH IT HAD PROUDLY CAUGHT FOR 3 OF THOSE 15 YEARS

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

FISHIN TOPSAIL,
THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS GLAD I WAS ABLE TO FIGURE OUT THE PICTURE THING.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts

BREAD MAN 1,
THANKS FOR THE INFO IVE ONLY EVER ONCE FISHED FOR THE BIG BOYS AND IN 4 HOURS ME MY WIFE AND STEP SON LANDED 9 TOTAL BIGGEST WAS MY WIFES AT 48 1\2 AND ESTIMATED WIEGHT OF 49 POUNDS.
WHERE ARE YOU FISHING FROM THE SURF NOT EXACT LOCAL JUST GENERAL.
N.T.B. Got a couple of troughs I find in every year. Usually not this early though. I was really surprised the other day.One or two is all I want to tangle with at a time. It is very tiresome.

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

TIRESOME IS DEFENETLY A GOOD CHOICE OF WORDS SINCE AFTER THAT TRIP I SLEPT FOR THE HOLE DAY AND NEVER KNEW IT.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts

There are two types of exhaustion you never mind getting over....one is fishing~!~;)

Reactions: NCPIERMAN

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SUNDROP,
YOU SURE GOT THAT ONE RIGHT,I MAY GET TIRED OF CACTHING BUT MAN IM READY TO DO IT AT A MOMENTS NOTICE :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.