NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Red X Angler
7,806 Posts
Not sure if the relevancy of this comment will satisfy your inquiry but I'll offer my experience:

I've only fished for them once and it was in Ohio. They were on the bottom of Lake Eerie (6-12ft). This was at the beginning of May and I'm sure they might've been close to post spawn.

If this is irrelevant please disregard.

Sent from my kayak...

·
Registered
421 Posts
There is no hard-fast rule, it depends on the lake. They do like deep water, with cover: rocks and brushpiles. In a lake I grew up fishing in PA we caught them in submerged brush piles ~10ft, and also along an old railroad bed (rocks). To give you a sense on a good way to find them: it wasn't unusual to hook into a walleye while fishing brushpiles for crappie. On jigs or live bait.

Good luck!
Jay

·
Registered
415 Posts
On Fontana depending on the time of day and how late in the summer the shallowest is close to 30 and as deep as 85. Night time they can come up but daytime you better be ready to go deep. That is why you either have to troll or deep jig for them in open water any time after early daybreak.

·
Registered
524 Posts
On Fontana depending on the time of day and how late in the summer the shallowest is close to 30 and as deep as 85. Night time they can come up but daytime you better be ready to go deep. That is why you either have to troll or deep jig for them in open water any time after early daybreak.
for walleye on fontana, this guy is the man to know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts