NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hittign some of the creeks and tributaries around here tryign to get a few bass up. We are seeing quiet a few, but for some reason most are facing the banks adjacent to a ledge. Better description. There is a 10 inch to 2 foot drop off the bank to the water. The fish are sitting very close to the bank facing the shore line. Unless you drop something softly on or near their mouths they just aren't interested in feeding. I would almost say they are bedding, but they aren't on beds.. just hoverng and moving down the bank a lil ways only to repeat the starring game.

Ideas anyone? what causes this? better way to fish them?

Rye

·
Registered
183 Posts
Without giving away secret holes, what river system are you on? And what are you going after them with? It's a little early for clumbsy grasshoppers, but maybe they are keying on some frogs. Time of day also seems to be a factor, when the sun is dead over headthis time of year I've seen fish suspend like this till late in the after noon.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TIme of day is midday, but its a very shaded creek. Its a tributary to the slocum creek system which feeds into the nuese. Its tide controlled adn the tide was drifting out very slowly.
The baits we tried were a hula ( my buddy was throwing, don't know why) I was tossing a lizard, a fluke, and a small rapala. I started with the Rapala until I saw them facing the banks, then I turned to the lizard and pulling it off the bank into the water near them... then switched to a fluke out of frustration.

My buddy had two strikes on teh hula, and I had 2 short strikes on the lizard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts