NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bringing my family down for a few weeks at the end of the month and was wondering where we go to dig for clams. Is this pretty much something you can do anywhere or are there certain areas we should go? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
you can go down toward hatteras and spend a day there. all you have to do is go in some local places and they could point you in the right direction. you might want to wait for a couple of months though, cause it is cooooolllllllllldddddd here

·
Registered
26 Posts
You want to go at low tide, where the water meets the sand is were they usally are. Try around the marsh grass. If you go alot pick up a decent clam rake, if it is going to be a once and while thing go to roses and pick up a 4 prong rake. For me I go behind Shackelford bank. The mudd/sand is the best place to get them on the north side there are better quantiy. I hope this helps.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.