NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a touch of thinking this week (that's about all I can muster) and decided to try a little change to the way I rigged my terminal tackle. I tied a surgeon loop in the end of both the line and the leader. When I got to the lake, I selected my lure, then interlaced the loops and started casting. It seemed to work pretty well -- when I was ready to change lures, instead of having to tie the next one, I worked the loops loose from each other and laced the next one together.

It seemed to work just fine with the 8-lb line I was using. Is this a normal practice? It seems like a great way to save a lot of tying, without having to add clip swivels...
Lefty

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I don't normally rig that way but you can use a leader with loops in both ends to accomplish the same thing with a plain or snap swivel. That method is fine for fish that aren't finicky. You can even go around your leader twice if you are going for a loop to loop connection which you feel may cut into itself. I feel that the way to make the best use of such set ups are when you are bottom fishing. the loop only needs to be at the swivel end of the leader and any fish going into the creel can be unhooked later under better circumstances. In the past I have used a couple of different wire connnectors tht worked pretty good and were small enough to be overlooked by most fish, but neither one seemed to have caught on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.