NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive fished many times since my last report , Rat-l-traps are seldom used now . I've been going to a senko more and more lately . i've been carolina rigging them with some success at most spots . also , the zara spook is awesome , i have a regular one and a smaller one and they both work good . i've been throwing many topwaters ,frogs,buzzbaits,pop-r's, and the lil spook has caught more bass by a long run :D . i haven't hooked a lunker in awhile :cool: , most fish i've been catching lately have been 2lbs and under :eek: also have been having a lil luck on a rapala shallow running crankbait 0-3 ft in baby bass :rolleyes: .

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have an ultralight with 4lb test in the car and I am going out to a nearby pond during lunch, I may have a hard time returning to work...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey Danny! I hit DannyBoyNature park after work for an hour yesterday.
Tried my 1/2oz big spinnerbait. I figured, way too big for this time of year, but what the ****.

Got nothing.... but one thing interesting happened... ill post a mini report.

Nice catch!

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Thanks Dannyboy.
It`s hard to beat a Spook. If I could only have 1 topwater it would probably be the small one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The Zara Spook is definitely an interesting bait. I can walk the dog with it, but I never have had a bite on it. Not sure if its because Im not fishing it in the right spots or what, but then again Im not much of a topwater fisherman either

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
The Zara Spook is definitely an interesting bait. I can walk the dog with it, but I never have had a bite on it. Not sure if its because Im not fishing it in the right spots or what, but then again Im not much of a topwater fisherman either
WHAAAAT !!?? The small ones will catch all the bass, perch, bream....with the hot weather coming the window for topwater is gonna be getting shorter in the a.m. Get a "natural" minnow color one and throw it early. You can get some confidence in this bait if you stick with it. Use the puppy for numbers and the full size if your looking for quality fish.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes tc , i've caught a few bass on the buzz , i still think it leans a lil to the side though , but if i fish it slow it doesn't do it . I like it and use it on most outings . I'll post my next catch on it :D. i snagged the swimbait almost instantly :rolleyes:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts