NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After work yesterday my wife asked me that question that every man wants to hear... "Do you want to go fishing?" Knowing that these occasions are rare, I decided to jump on it and happily agree. I loaded up my truck with 3 rods and packed the tackle bag trying to beat sunset. First stop was to grab bait from the bait store, 1/2 pound of shrimp to get it started. We got to Radio Island and set up shop right away. I loaded my wife's reel with a small piece of shrimp to catch some bait for me. After a couple of tried she managed to get me a nice size perch for bait. I hooked that sucker on for some live bait and threw it out. I waited 10 minutes before I heard my drag screaming. I set the hook and the fight was on! I fought said fish for a solid 10 minutes before it landed her on the beach. Turned out it was a nice sized shark who wanted to play! I ended up fishing for another 30 minutes and landed another shark. Total time was about 1 and half hours and I landed 2 sharks!

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice catch, I love me some sharking, black tips are already here, I love to go fishing with the old lady on the beach. She catches my bait just like you had yours do (bluefish/croaker, whiting,pigfish) snip off part of the tail and if he is big enough and the surf is calm kayak Em out sit and wait for the old senator to start screaming.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Based on photo which clearly shows characteristic dorsal fin I'd say both are young sandbar (sometimes called brown shark). Not to be confused with the unmistakeable sand tiger. Bet they were fun to pull on!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.