NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been raining here since about 10pm last night. A few thunder boomers mixed in but mostly a nice steady rain.

You guys in the middle and western part of the state getting any of this rain?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Two point four inches at my house since yesterday morning!
:D

Reactions: Topsail Angler

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yep!!! It is finally raining a good steady rain.

Let rain Lord, let it rain!!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Got a little here. seems like most of it is west of hwy17 and on the coast. We seem to be in a "dry strip" of activity. I have a 5gal bucket under a downspout that fills quickly in much rain and in 2 days it is still only 1/2 full but I'll take all we can get!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
and look -- some baby grass already!!! :D
UH OH!!!! That cuts into fishing time!! Spay some roundup quick!! before the wife sees it!!..LOL!!!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
UH OH!!!! That cuts into fishing time!!
I already subcontracted that problem away. Besides, my dad's an agronomist (professor of farming) -- he doesn't waste his time with slow-acting stuff like Roundup... :D

Reactions: sundrop

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
oh so he uses a cutting torch huh??

well i have to amitt i hate the rain... ok we need it but i have to WORK out in it...

zooker

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Loks like saturday night football for me. But hoping to get out and fish in the new water level sunday morn. So it's all good.:D

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
oh so he uses a cutting torch huh??
Actually, for controlling broadleaf weeds (like clover) in lawns, he's a big fan of 2-4-D -- you used to be able to get this stuff concentrated at smaller hardware stores... Around here, you've gotta look at the labels on all the glitzy bottles, and they've already watered it down to the point at which it's half as effective as it ought to be.

I guess it helps that he's got all the federal licenses for commercial herbicide application and all that jazz... :D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Happy to report a nice soaking rain seems to have settled over Washington!!!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Actually, for controlling broadleaf weeds (like clover) in lawns, he's a big fan of 2-4-D -- you used to be able to get this stuff concentrated at smaller hardware stores...
the reason it is heaily deluted is mixed with the right "dry" chemicals and a blasting cap.only a pint of it would build you a right nice pond in your front yard...

zooker

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I figured either that or somebody drank from the hose while he was spraying it...
<shrug>

My dad still laughs out loud every time he hears a Roundup ad on TV claiming to be 'fast-acting'... It's one of the slowest-acting things in his inventory...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.