NC Angler Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
yes they have many different names bowfin mudbass black fish cypress trout and so forth im also from the north and man wait till you cacth just some of the fish down here ya gotta try gar fishing wow what a blast ;)

I am about to ask a silly question so keep in mind, being from the North some of these southern species are new to me. So dont clown me too hard. These fish look exact like something I have been catching in Contentnea Creek and I loved catching them because they were great fighters!! Anyway my neighbor called them Blackfish, said throw them back. So, Is this the same fish?

Speaking of Gar!!! i hooked one of those... DANG that was a blast... i played with it trying to ease it in for the better part of 15 minutes... I could see the outline of it just below the surface.. the dang thing looked longer than i am.. Im 5'7". Anyway trying to baby the line and use just the right amount of drag.. My line went slack when I had him about 6 feet away from me.. i thought he came off the hook.. he was turned around with such speed that he snapped 15lb test like it was 2lb. and that was the last I seen of Mr. Alligator Gar!!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.