NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gentleman/ladies,

I try to go fishing at least once per week, and I only have one friend in the area that likes to go on a regular basis. I go by myself a decent amount, but I prefer not to go alone. Right now I don't have a boat, but I do plan on purchasing a yak in the next few weeks. If anyone in the area would like some company to do some bank fishing or yak fishing let me know. If you have a boat I'd also be happy to pay my share of expenses. I've primarily only fished for bass and catfish in freshwater, but I'm game to go after other fish as well.

Regards,

Justin

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm in the Garner area and looking to meet other like minded fisherman as well. Not sure where many places are but maybe we can set something up. Shoot me a PM sometime!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
according to my wife I fish every day of the week. I am a bank bass fisher and know many of the public lakes in the raleigh area.

·
Registered
74 Posts
according to my wife I fish every day of the week. I am a bank bass fisher and know many of the public lakes in the raleigh area.
Hey man, if your ever interested in having a tag along.....send me a pm. I'm new to the area and really don't know where to bank fish at. In the process of looking for a job so I'm available pretty much anytime. Let me know!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to be in and out of town the next two weeks, but I will be doing a lot more fishing after that. I did finally get my yak, but I will still be doing some bank fishing as well.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Ya'll need to get together and start a shore tournament.. :)

Reactions: hogaholic

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello gentleman/ladies,

I try to go fishing at least once per week, and I only have one friend in the area that likes to go on a regular basis. I go by myself a decent amount, but I prefer not to go alone. Right now I don't have a boat, but I do plan on purchasing a yak in the next few weeks. If anyone in the area would like some company to do some bank fishing or yak fishing let me know. If you have a boat I'd also be happy to pay my share of expenses. I've primarily only fished for bass and catfish in freshwater, but I'm game to go after other fish as well.

Regards,

Justin
I found the best way to start getting out on the big water on a boat was to join a club. Helped get me out on some boats during club tourneys but also for fun on our weekends off from tournaments. Check out www.renegadebassmasters.org if you're interested. It's one tournament a month and a fair number of the guys get out another time or two each month.

Also, catch up with Spidey, he has some good spots if you want some good numbers and size!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to see so many people interested. I also just bought a second kayak (Heritage Redfish '10) for my girlfriend so I can also take another person with me when I go yak fishing in the area as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Glad to see so many people interested. I also just bought a second kayak (Heritage Redfish '10) for my girlfriend so I can also take another person with me when I go yak fishing in the area as well.
DUDE!!!!! I'm down with that. Never been yak fishing and currently trying to decide whether to buy a float tube or a yak. If you want to hit the water sometime on the weekend.....shoot me a PM. I'll help pitch in on gas or food, whatever!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I found the best way to start getting out on the big water on a boat was to join a club. Helped get me out on some boats during club tourneys but also for fun on our weekends off from tournaments. Check out www.renegadebassmasters.org if you're interested. It's one tournament a month and a fair number of the guys get out another time or two each month.

Also, catch up with Spidey, he has some good spots if you want some good numbers and size!
Just signed up on that site as a co-angler. Pretty cool set up they got! New to NC and figured would be nice to learn some of the local lakes out here and get on the water

1 - 12 of 12 Posts