NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Jon Boat club fished a 2 day this past weekend. First day at Ramseur was a little tough. 11-5 won and 9-14 got second. Big fish was 4-4.
About all the fish were caught on wacky rigged senko's, the usual weapon of choice there.

Sunday at Randleman got better. 20-7 was the winning weight and 17-8 was second. Big fish was 5-10.
Fish were caught on buzzbaits, crankbaits, jigs, and all sorts of flippin baits. Crankbaits caught huge numbers of fish. All you had to do is find the bait. I watched one boat (second place) catch what looked like 100 bass on a crankbait during the day, mostly 2 to 3 pounders.

·
Red X Angler
3,787 Posts
I was at SW Park side today, and they were definitely chasing shad over the channel. Even got into a couple wolf packs of 1 to 2 pounders. I did alright with a Yum Money Minnow but probably would have done better throwing a crank. It's just not my strong suit.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hit Randleman for a few hours yesterday (Wednesday) from about one pm to 4 pm, not the best time of day, but you take what you can get. Low overcast hid the trident at the top of the big antenna until around 3:30, gentle breeze, 70-something degrees air temp, 73 degrees water surface temp. Lots of bait balls at all depths on the bay's and creek arms, but few fish. Total for the day was three small bass in the boat, three strong hookups and thrown lures. One of them was a nice fish even by old Randleman standards, but poor hook set let it go. Threw cranks all afternoon except for one 3" pumpkinseed grub, which got one of the three boated fish late in the trip. Another beautiful boat ride, and satisfied with that. Maybe next time....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.