NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to gather a bit of intel on Ramseur Lake. I’ve fished there a handful of times in the past and have a few decent spots for bream and shellcracker. Besides them and largemouth bass, what else is swimming around in that lake? I head to Ramseur a few times a year for work and would like to just throw my kayak on my car and stop by the lake afterwards. Any input on species or techniques would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Red X Angler
3,748 Posts
Apparently, no one fishes this place, lol...

You should be so lucky that no one fishes it; it would be a dynamite spot, wouldn't it? You may have meant, "No one with intel they wish the share opted to respond within the last few days on this forum". ;) The activity on NCAngler is not what it once was, and this is a pretty specific and small piece of water you're talking about.

There have been posts about Ramseur in the past, maybe a search would yield something. But just because you don't get a response on a public forum does not mean no one fishes it. Your best bet is to get on the water, and quietly and politely engage the folks you see on the water in conversation. I would guess that by posting here, you're probably not reaching even close to a decent percentage of the anglers who fish Ramseur.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Search for posts by a user Riverrat1 or just search Ramseur. He has fished there and usually has success. He hasn't posted in a while so I don't know if he still frequents the site.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of the previous posts I have read about the lake have been about the glory days of bass fishing there, which have since passed... I have had some decent shellcracker out of there. I was mostly wondering if there were any crappie or channel catfish there. I’ve personally fished it perhaps a 1/2 dozen times over the years and it’s a nice little lake. I just don’t know much about it and don’t usually see a lot of people on it when I go there, usually during the week (to avoid others, lol...)

Thanks!

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts