NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Jon Boat club fished Randleman for its first tourney of the year. Had to be put off a week due to the snow. Reports going in that the fishing was going to be tough. The weights were definitely off from past years.

First had 18-5 pounds, second 17-5 pounds, and third 16-11 pounds. Big fish was 6-8

That place will be getting right in a couple of days.

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
That's pretty impressive, Mike. Considering that everyone I talked to and myself included struggled down on the gas section. I caught one fish each day on Friday and Saturday, one 5lb and one 2lb.

Was the water up there in the electric section muddy? Just curious. Nice job finding some good fish.

Reactions: oldkayaker

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Water temps was 44-46 degrees. It had some color in it too. The boats that headed under 62 to the clear water took a beating. The top weights came from the dirty water. The top 4 came up the river. Crankbaits were the main bait of choice. The winner said 4 of his top 5 fish limit came on a 20 foot stretch of bank!!!!

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
Water temps up there are several degrees warmer than the main lake then. I guess it's just warming faster, which is not surprising. Thanks for the report!

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
Yeah she's full up. On Saturday it looked like it might have been a half inch or so above full pool. There's been water flowing over the spillway from Oak Hollow now for a few weeks, so I figure all 3 lakes are probably full by now.

Reactions: oldkayaker
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.