NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to celebrate my independence from an infected foot and hit the water.:rolleyes: Since my 'unfortunate incident' I hadn't done anything to my boat or gear to see what else might have gotten damaged. I got out for a few hours Saturday afternoon and I'm happy to report that other than two reels that need cleaned and my anchor/nav lights not working my boat and equipment is in good working order. Sadly, that was the highlight because the fishing was pretty poor.

The lake has filled back up to full pool and the temp has dropped about 7 degrees from all the recent rain. I expected the shallow bite to be good but I really struggled to get bit and several times when I did get bites I failed to hook fish. I ended up with only 6 in the boat in 5 hours of fishing. The biggest was 16.5" and came off a jig. Also caught a decent keeper on T-rig. The rest were small. I figured I could play with the schoolers but they are on fry and were mostly ignoring my offering because they were so keyed in on tiny bait. I did fail to hook up on two very nice topwater bites and hooked what felt like a good fish on t-rig that got me wrapped up and escaped. Overall, not much to write home about but the fact that I didn't sink or hurt myself was reward enough. :D

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Glad you're back in action Andrew. I hope I'll see you this weekend. Need to compare schedules.

Randleman seems to have a little bit of a funk when the water rises quickly... haven't figured that one out yet, as it doesn't seem to happen that often, but your experience has been mine as well with that particular condition set. Sorry it was you, but glad to hear I'm not the only one. :rolleyes:

My mind has been immersed in salt for the last 2 and 1/2 weeks, I need to get back to some fish I can lip lock without grips!

Reactions: Bleedingblue
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.