NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen much info about RRR on here lately so I though I'd share...

Got to fish Randleman for a few hours with a friend on Sunday. We had a pretty good outing with 21 in the boat. Size ranged from dink to 3.5 lbs but mostly short fish. Probably only had about 5 keepers. That said, the fish are fighting very hard right now. My biggest fish only weighed 2-10 but I was sure it was 4-5 lbs till I saw it. A 3 lb fish my friend hooked ran him all over the back of the boat.

We caught nearly all our fish on main lake points or wood. We saw quite a few fish running bait up on the surface and this accounted for my two biggest fish of the day. There are unbelievable amounts of shad and you can see just how much when the wind is calm. Driving over the 62 bridge on the way home it looked like you could probably walk across the shad schools on the electric side!

The recent rains have the lake nearly back to full pool but is still about a foot low. The rain hasn't impacted clarity much and the water is 'clear' even back up in the creeks. You can probably catch fish about any way you like but if you aren't seeing or marking bait move on.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks for the report Andrew! Its been a messed up summer for me, I haven't been out there since June! I am hoping things will settle back down soon and I can get back into gear.

That is impressive you marked bait while driving over the 62 bridge! That lake has a certain call we all hear and even so I usually manage to prevent myself from rubbernecking when I drive that bridge and so don't wind up seeing too much...

Earlier this year I thought the water was "clear" for Randleman, its interesting to hear it is still like that.

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
Thanks for the report, Andrew. I have had painfully few fishing days lately, and I miss the Triple R. Hopefully will grab a few days this Fall but right now work and family are keeping me off the water more than I'd like.

Glad you got out there!

Reactions: Bleedingblue

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the report Andrew! Its been a messed up summer for me, I haven't been out there since June! I am hoping things will settle back down soon and I can get back into gear.

That is impressive you marked bait while driving over the 62 bridge! That lake has a certain call we all hear and even so I usually manage to prevent myself from rubbernecking when I drive that bridge and so don't wind up seeing too much...

Earlier this year I thought the water was "clear" for Randleman, its interesting to hear it is still like that.
If nobody is behind me I usually slow down and look up the electric side. The conditions were perfect with good light and the water was like glass. It wasn't hard to spot the shad schools up on top, they were everywhere. As for clear, if I can see more than 2-3 feet that is clear for RRR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts