NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Jon Boat Club fished Randleman this week. Don't know if I got the words to describe how bad it sucked!!!!

The bite was tough all day. Most of the time the better bites comes later in the day but that didn't happen. Shallow fish was tough, deep fish was tough. Most reported picking up fish here and there with no pattern what so ever. Hard to get a decent sack if you just beat the banks hoping to get lucky.

Worms and jigs again. Few on buzzbaits, almost none on crankbaits.

Winners had 14-3, second was 13-10 and big fish was 5-8.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I was on gas side yesterday for a few hours with my dad. Wanted to go to City Lake but it was rented out so we diverted to Randleman - had to do the main lake because I had the outboard already on the jonboat. Pretty much sucked there too; pretty day but just couldn't find a bite. Caught two, dad missed a couple bites. Didn't have a lot of time to work with but just couldn't put it together.

Sorry you guys had a slow day but makes me feel a little better that I wasn't the only one. The whole season at Randleman has been disappointing for me overall this year, compared to prior seasons.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Historically I have done better in Summer and struggle a bit more in Fall, so that's not necessarily happy for me. I just need to get more confidence in moving baits, it seems to be what they want this time of year.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Haha I knew you would be thinking that... I have been branching out some but just haven't connected to the bites yet to give me that confidence. :D I have not forgotten your advice and help on this!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Been reading a lot about Randelman.Have heard that speed craws and Big worms both Carolina Rigged seem to be working .I have only been once at Southwest Park. Going to try Adams Farm rd next any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Colors of craws Green pumpkin ? Watermelon seed ?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Been reading a lot about Randelman.Have heard that speed craws and Big worms both Carolina Rigged seem to be working .I have only been once at Southwest Park. Going to try Adams Farm rd next any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Colors of craws Green pumpkin ? Watermelon seed ?
Green Pumpkin is hard to beat anywhere. Normally, I could give you some advice but I haven't been out there in a while. If I was going out now, I'd start on main lake points and work my way back into creeks until I found the bait. If there isn't bait move on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.