NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few jon boats fished at Randleman today because there were no tournaments scheduled, so a little tournament broke out :D.

Horrible day to be at Randleman!!! The weather was HOT but the fishing was COLD. The water was as clear as I ever seen it. You could see a penny in 5 foot of water. After a lot of searching and casting, the usual summertime tough bite strategy of chasing bait and chunking a crankbait along creek channels put a few fish in the boats.

Winner had 14 pounds and big fish with a 4-11, second had 13 pounds.

All the keeper fish were on cranks except 4 that hit jigs. That was ALL the fishermen together!!! Hard to have good sacks if they don't bite jigs.
Plenty of small 12"ers were on the bank, caught on everything from worms to buzzbaits.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I assume you guys were at SW Park? Sounds like a tough day. Can't say I'm surprised, I have not really had any "very good" days at Randleman this year. Several bad days and some mediocre ones. Either an off season for whatever reason, or the tournaments and the overall pressure is finally getting to that lake.

Sorry you guys had a tougher day.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lake is getting a lot of pressure. We counted 11 kayak's and 3 jon boats at the mouth of the creek when we were heading back to the ramp. Not counting the 7 or 8 we seen from there to the ramp. Even with all the pressure I think the lake can handle it. Everybody is still catching lots of fish. The better fish are getting tougher to find but that is probably due to a lot of the cover rotting away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.