NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that a spinnerbait with a doa shrimp rigged on it works like gummy worms on drum. the question is would a spinner bait with a rattle rigged the same way catch them??

it is called the turbo rattler spinner bait.. it blows a big bubble trail behind it..

zooker

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I would think that the rattle would improve the catch rate as shrimp make a clicking sound that drum home in on. I haven't tried that particular set up yet but I think it would be a step in the right direction. I'm not sure how drum react to bubbles. AL

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have been making a bait similar to that for about 3 years I wondered why certain people were buying them now I know. I thought they were bass fishing. Mine has a diamond willow leaf on it with a rattle pod and I use a shad colored skirt with just a couple strands of red.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You don't get much more aggressive than drum when it comes to feeding. When they're sparky and it moves they kill it. I have found that spinner baits work well in the late summer and fall. You can cover plenty of water with then and the tight line approach to fishing one makes for some fantastic strikes! Gold blades seem to get a strike or 2 more...I'm not sure that the rattle makes a big difference. The vibration and flash from the blade add about all you need to get a positive reaction.
Capt Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.