NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it comes to fishing hardbaits like topwater plugs I am pretty concious of keeping good sharp hooks on my lures, especially during a tournament. Stock treble hooks on alot of lures are low quality and replacements are $2-3 each. Not happy with what was available, I decided I needed to find a better way. Last year I started tying my own feathered trebles using some pretty crude tying methods, they worked pretty good for me so I bit the bullet and invested in some fly tying tools. The right tools for the job made it so much easier and improved quality. In just a few hours I put together a variety of trebles in different color patterns, size profiles and different levels of flash. Can hardly wait til spring to watch the fish destroy my creations.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Nice I need to add that skill myself!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I would think that tail weight would change the angle in the water of a topwater (tail weight) and give it more movement walkin' the dog etc.. could eve use double split rings to move that tail back more giving it more action and a better hookset as long as the weight doesn't get too high. (just my theory)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.