NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine took me Kayak fishing around Swansboro this Fall. Needless to say I caught the bug. I think I've decided to get a ride 135 though I've found a native redfish 12 for about half the price. I'll be fishing around New Bern and Swansboro. I am 6'1 and about 260lbs. I would be appreciative of any advice or opinions yall could give me, thanks.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Check the suggeted weight limits for the yaks you're considering...add weight for tackle, anchor, cooler etc. and make sure the capacity of the yak is more than adequate...and that the seat and leg room are comfortable and work for you. I don't know the specs for either of the two you mentioned...but would lean toward the Ride...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jbafishing, Will do. New Bern will be where I do the majority of my trips. Is the ramp at riverbend private? Anyone else have any suggestions on yaks before I pull the trigger on a ride 135?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Another New Bern kayak fisherman here. Only fished River Bend once and caught several decent bream in the short time I fished. Fish Swift Creek and Brices Creek mostly for freshwater. Spent a lot of time near Swansboro and Beaufort this past summer for flounder and trout. Itching to try the quarries in Maysville for some crappie some day.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.