NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rec II paddle has found favor with many paddlers looking for a no-nonsense paddle at an exceptional price. Designed to perform in touring/flat water, in a variety of boats; from rec kayaks to light touring kayaks and sit-on-tops. The injection-molded Nylite™ blades are durable and carefree. Modified asymmetrical blade shape is balanced in use and efficiency. Ovalled Fiberglass shaft is finished for warmth and grip, complete with drip rings and a composite ferrule for 60º right, left hand control or unfeathered blade orientations.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is a better-than-entry model paddle that I was able to get at an entry-level sale price. Its a 2 piece paddle with spring loaded peg and holes for left, right and unfeathered configuration.

Seems like a good paddle for kayak fishing. Tough and sturdy enough to take the beatings I've given it - using it as a push pole, a stake-out pole, a lean pole, a pry bar, etc... The blades are strong enough to avoid significant fluttering during the paddle stroke, even for the large and powerful paddler moving a lot of water. But they still have some forgiving flex when used inappropriately. I believe the Voyager is on the heavy end of the paddle spectrum - might not recommend it for smaller paddlers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
update - July 2009
I've had a chance to regularly use a higher quality, lighter paddle (Werner Skagit - $135ish) and the difference is surprising. Makes the Voyageur feel like a big dumb club! If you can afford it, spend more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts