NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am home on spring break and have been able to fish after work a bit. The bass in a neighborhood pond have been biting pretty well. I recently bought a Redington RedFLy2 6wt which I have been using. Brown woolybuggers are working well on the bass and I caught a fat bluegill on a bead-headed nymph. Here are a couple pictures:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Maybe someday you carolina boys can learn to put the fish in the boat like basspack does. Just kidding, great report and nice bluegill. Catching bream on a little flyrod is always a blast.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Seeing those shots makes me get excited about my spring break coming up in two weeks. :D

Reactions: Scott Hobbs

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. Went down to the neighborhood pond with my dad after work for about an hour. We caught 25 bass and big bream between us. If you live in the piedmont and have a pond nearby that you can fish in, go to it at dusk. This happens every year... right about when the sun is fully set, bass and bream start busting the surface after some sort of fly. I think it might be a midge fly but I am not sure. This tends to happen during the spring warm up.

I love top water fishing. Had the poppin bug out tonight but a nymph worked much better. Although, I did get a couple of big surface bites.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Looks like fun to me!

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 drop...........these big bream can put a hump in a flyrod, nothing finer than a flyrod and some popping bugs.

tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.