NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some recommendations as to a boat launches between Topsail/surf city and Fort Fisher. I'm fishing from a small craft with a 9.5hp outboard my boat can't handle rough water so protected area are preferred. I'm interested in scouting areas for Red's and specs. I'm farmilar with the launch in wrightsville on Intracoastal and also the launch at fort fisher. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
There is a public ramp in Surf City just after you cross the Bridge on Hwy 50 it is on your right. It is connected to the ICW, very protected waters.

At the North End of Topsail, there is a ramp under the Hwy 210 Bridge to the island. Again, it's on the ICW.

On the pay to launch side, there is Hampstead Marina - turn on to Factory road at blinking light in Hampstead and follw to the end.

Also Scotts Hill Marina, turn onto Scotts Hill Loop road and watch for the sign.

Hope that helps.

Mike

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I guess that depends on your level of knowledge and boat handling skills. Maybe the best thing to ease into the area would be for you to hire a guide to show you around. Either that or go out with some expeireinced local folks a few times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.