NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
If you get up this way I will sell you a good barely used 3 footer i bought for the same purpose but never use it.

Reactions: dbeam

·
Red X Angler
3,567 Posts
If you get up this way I will sell you a good barely used 3 footer i bought for the same purpose but never use it.
I found a brand new Betts 5 ft 1/2 mesh net in the bag while cleaning out the garage this morning. I forgot that I bought this a few years back. If you have a small mesh would you consider a swap.

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
I found a brand new Betts 5 ft 1/2 mesh net in the bag while cleaning out the garage this morning. I forgot that I bought this a few years back. If you have a small mesh would you consider a swap.
If you haven't found anyone who want to trade by the M&G I would probably be interested in that net. Is it an old salt?

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
I have a Jackson Cuda 14, but I have not practiced the stand up a lot. But it shouldn't be hard in calm waters. So if I have a stand up kayak, a 5-6 ft should be good?
I don't kayak, but I would think it depends on how comfy you are with your balance.

A 6' net has some weight to it and I could see how it could throw you off balance.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm pretty good w/ a cast net (some might even calll me a master at getting bait;) and started trying to throw a 6ft cast net from my kayak but found it a bit fustrating. When I moved down to a 5ft it made it a lot easier. I'm talking about from a seated position and just make sure you clear out rods and such when you make a swing. Good luck!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I throw a 5' from standing up in my kayaks and it's a bit of a chore to not lose your balance. I probably need to work on my technique but it is doable. I don't think I could throw a 6'.

·
Red X Angler
3,567 Posts
Thanks for the info guys! I imagine that I would be interested then in a 3-5 ft, with a small mesh to catch those small mullets. If none of those trades happen, ill be happy to buy it.
I would only trade if you do not buy Island Mans net. The deal was offered to you first so go for it.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Hey dont worry about mine it stays in the kayak in case i get desperate but if it stays there no biggie. You guys want to deal go ahead.

I would only trade if you do not buy Island Mans net. The deal was offered to you first so go for it.

Reactions: Fish_Fiend
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.