NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would pass this along... heading down there the last weekend of the month. Just my luck, I'm always a day late and a dollar short. :rolleyes:

"The total on the big drum is still between 30 and 50 citations and I was told that the pups and yearling could number well into the hundreds. They were all caught on bunker and I really am hoping this is a sign of things to come this spring. There were also a lot of blowtoads caught off the north side of the point with some people catching up to 30 to 40 blowtoads. That is all that we have heard of so far today and it sounds really good."

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Topsail...

What is the surf fishing like on the island. I grew up in Jacksonville, but mostly did pier fishing at Paradise and Scotch Bonnett. A couple of friends and I have really considered some drum/cobia fishing farther south than Hatteras this year and have mentioned Topsail in our discussions. Is there any beach access for 4WD vehicles? Any suggestions on fishing locations from the surf? We went to the Clam Basin on weekends to party. I'm not even sure that place is still there after all the storms. Any advice you can give is appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.